We are not oblivious to the power of social media. Considering that social media plays a prominent role in a modern man’s life says a lot about its present authority.
People use social media for different reasons. Some of them are just interested in scrolling their feed, checking out the latest happenings. Others like to be the highlight of such social platforms. Luckily enough, their efforts for posting high-quality content on social media does not go in vain. In fact, social media influence is one of the most highly-paid tasks that allow you to become independent even from a very young age.
Who Are Social Media Influencers?
How To Become A Social Media Influencer?
If you are interested in promoting your personal talent, online business and earn some extra money, consider becoming a social media influencer. We will discuss some effortless yet profoundly-effective methods to become a well-known social media influencer.
The most important factors you need to take into account are:
The niche of your page
Type of audience
Distribution of content
Collaborations and PR
Let’s discuss them in detail.
Selecting The Right Social Channel
There are hundreds of social channels for people to be on. It seems a bit humanly impossible for a person to become notable on all of them. This is why choosing a social media channel that will help you prosper as an influencer matter immensely.
For example, if you are looking to target some serious business-oriented people, LinkedIn should be your top priority. Au contraire, for someone trying to promote their fashion and lifestyle ideas, Instagram or Pinterest might be the best choice.
So, choosing the right channel ultimately means picking a platform in which looking for a relevant audience and finding genuine people who would love to see your content are present.
Marketing experts suggest influencers should stop spending a lot of time on different channels to establish run-of-the-mill, substandard blogs. Focus on building one highly-interactive blog with distinguished content and creativity on a single platform. Your undivided attention towards one blog will yield far better results.
Conceptualize A Niche
Every blog needs to have a preset niche and a concept around which your posts will revolve. Now you might wonder, “why can’t I just post everything I like?” If you start something with no identity, concept, and theme, your social page is presumptively inclined towards doom. Now, you might be able to grow a set number of followers but, they will mostly be accounts looking for a follower in return.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that you choose a niche before starting the blog. Picking an appropriate theme will help you generate ideas on what to post. Go for a concept that you are passionate about because this way, you will never be bored and will always find new ways to introduce creative things on your page. With a niche of your choice, you can use your expertise and experience to educate people around you. For instance, someone with a food blog can introduce personalized recipes on their page instead of posting purchased food.
Develop A Competent Content Strategy
No matter how challenging it sounds, you can get there! You can make your page into a highly-interactive blog just by developing and regularly improvising your content marketing strategy. Think of when you are going to post things on your blog. Even if you do not have the material ready, planning the type of content to upload could be a great help. We are talking about choosing between images, videos, infographics, etc.
If you notice, many social media influencers use the 5-3-2 rule on their social profiles. This rule indicates the following:
- 5 posts on your social media should be related to facts or content written by other people
- 3 posts should be informative posts designed by you according to the theme of your blog
- Finally, upload 2 posts that mention who you are as a person.
While working on your content strategy, keep in mind that people generally like blogs that are more personalized and are a bona fide representation of who you are. There are a lot of other rules as well that you can follow. Just make sure that the page speaks volumes about your personality.
Optimize Social Media Channels
Make sure that the social profiles you are using are optimized and updated frequently. You need to make sure that people can easily find you on different platforms. Therefore, make sure to keep the name similar on all channels. You can start by introducing your blog on one channel and then slowly move to another where you feel people will enjoy your content. In fact, you can divert your present audience from one channel to notice your work on the other. Social media channels can be linked to one another for better engagement.
Here are a few things you can do to optimize your channels:
- Switch your private pages to a business account for a chance to get monetized and recognized.
- Creatively describe your blog details in the bio section of your profile. This way, the audience will know who you are, what you do, and how to reach out to you.
Keep the name, profile picture, and covers for your pages the same on all channels so that people can find your page.
A thorough understanding of your target audience is essential before you start posting on social media. As an influencer, your content should be creative, engaging, and targeted to the right channel. This way, you can develop a strong connection with people who genuinely appreciate your content. Targeting the right people will help you establish a strong and loyal fanbase who actually considers buying from you. You can know your target audience by:
- Creating a personal profile helps you determine different segments like age, gender, type of job, interest, geographical locations. Social media channels have their own analytic tools but, you can also use external ones like Hubspot, Sprout Social, Buzz Sumo, etc.
- Send surveys to people who follow, like, and comment on your pages to ask them about what they expect you to post. For example, on Instagram, you can create polls. You can capture the interest of people and make them even more hooked to your page.
Create And Post Content That Is Relevant To Your Page
Consider posting stories, add pictures as highlights, make personalized videos, talk to your followers on a more personal scale. You will get there. If your followers are actually taking into account what you are saying – you are successful regardless of the numbers. Some people like to keep their pages focused on the niche. On the other hand, other influencers might post things off-topic.
Regardless of your content strategy and niche, you need to make your blog diverse enough to keep the audience entertained. Once you are established enough, make sure to sponsor the brands. Consider the brands that compliment the niche of your page. A successful sponsor is promoting a product that your audience might be interested in. The recommendations made by bloggers play such a considerable role that your review can actually make or break their product. Therefore, choose wisely!
- Quality of the posts
- Frequency of posts
- Always post timely. Consider the time when your target audience will be using the phone. Your post can grab attention. For example, teenagers often use their phones at night while business professionals use their phones in the evening or in the morning.
- Social media algorithms always prefer pages that post regularly. Make sure to wait for at least 24 hours before posting something else so that your previous post reaches its full potential.
- Scheduling your posts before uploading guarantees that your posts are uploaded even if you are not online. People with busy schedules can create posts over the weekend, set times for their upload, and just carry on with their routine work. Facebook allows you to schedule your posts. If you are on a channel that does not offer in-built post scheduling features, different software like Buffer, Canva Pro (which also helps to design posts), HootSuite, etc.
- The frequency of posting content on social media as an influencer also depends on your chosen social networking site. Twitter, for instance, requires regular posting. On the other hand, platforms like YouTube can go with one post a week.
Focus On Sharing The Content Properly
All your efforts will be rendered useless if your content is not getting enough engagement and interaction from your target audience. Sharing content properly on social media among followers and people who might become your followers is mandatory.
- If you want to get the word going around, boosting your post can be quite helpful. For starters, you can spend as little as $5 on your first post and then increase the budget as you start looking at results. Paid sharing is highly recommended if you want to sell something through your blog.
- Your posts should be optimized for all gadgets. Consider all the devices that people might use while looking at your page. Your audience might lose interest within seconds if your social page does not respond well on different devices.
- Make your audience feel valued, welcome, and appreciated on your page. Followers lose interest if you keep bombarding their feed with impersonalized generic messages and posts. Such posts lead to people unfollowing your page.
Be More Open To Engaging With Audience
Obviously, people will like your posts and leave comments on your page. Influencers who respond to their commenters and leave personalized messages have more chances of getting more engagement, shares, and likes on the page. You can also interact with people by creating stories that people can reply to. Influencers often value their followers by asking them suggestions that can lead to valuable ideas.
Collaborate With Other Influencers
Socializing online or in real life can lead to recognition. You need to build a strikingly loyal fan base and a reputation among people working on a niche similar to yours. In fact, bloggers and social media influencers have their own community where they collaborate, do live sessions, and even review products. This helps them communicate and connect with each other. It’s genuinely awesome if you end up making friends. If not, there is always an option to send your PR packages to more experienced influencers with a large following-following ratio – keeping in mind that their audience matches yours. This way, you can build a chain of networks. Do not hesitate to connect with other bloggers. Many self-made social media influencers are generous and helpful to the newer people.